April is the official start up date for Tornados & Hurricanes. Those happen in an instant and the first thing most people grab is water, first aid kit, flashlight, the family pet (cat/dog) & some food before getting to safety. April is also one of the rainiest days, at least here in the Mid Atlantic USA. So preparing for server thunderstorms is a must.
So…. If you had only one short moment to grab a book as you are hurrying to safety what would it be? Here are some books that friends, coworkers, family & total strangers say they would save.
What book would you save from a fire?
- Grab as many as I can carry!!!
- The Holy Bible
- Pride & Prejudice “OR” Persuasion, by: Jane Austen
- The Great Gatsby, by: F. Scott Fitzgerald
- A Christmas Carol, by: Charles Dickens
- Jane Eyre, by: Charlotte Brontë
- Grimm’s Fairytales
- The Hobbit, by: JRR Tolkien
- The Lord of the Ring’s Series, by: JRR Tolkien
- The Chronicles of Naria, by: C.S. Lewis
- The Book Thief, by: Markus Zusak
- The Giving Tree, by: Shel Silverstein
- The Lorax, by: Dr. Seuss
Some Surprised Titles:
- The War Pray, by: Mark Twain
- The Princess Bride, by: William Goldman
Fish in a Tree, by: Lynda Mullaly Hunt
- The Heart of Glass, by: Vivian French
- Flight of a Dragon, by: Lee R. Bobker
- And I Darken, by: Kiersten White
- In the Company of Others, by: Jan Karon or by: Julie E. Czerneda